Select a favourite photo and turn it into a custom puzzle for your family and friends! You can make puzzles in different sizes, shapes, and piece counts. A family or pet portrait makes an excellent puzzle to gift.
Check out Shutterfly to see what kind of options are available:
Here are some tips for creating your puzzle:
- When creating your puzzle consider the age and ability of the person who will put your puzzle together. The difficulty level of a puzzle depends on it’s piece count and design. A more difficult puzzle will have a larger number of small pieces and have a monochromatic colour scheme or repeating patterns. If your puzzle is for a child, select a simpler picture and a lower piece count to make the puzzle easier.
- Select your picture. Many sites will allow you to use a single picture or to create a picture collage for your puzzle. Think about how you want the finished puzzle to look, and how difficult you want to make the puzzle to put together. A puzzle with many pieces the same colour will be more challenging. A collage with lines between the pictures will make it easier to put the puzzle together.
- Select your size and piece count. A larger puzzle with fewer pieces will be easier for a child to complete, while an experienced puzzler will appreciate a more challenging puzzle with more small pieces.
- Add extras! Some sites will allow you to add text, frames, borders and overlays to your puzzles. Remember that pieces with text or border lines are easier to fit together.
- If you are creating a photo collage, consider using a theme to tie the photos together. Check that the photos in your collage make a pleasing composition. The more similar the photos are, the more difficult the puzzle will be.
Have fun creating your puzzle! Now go cross some names off your holiday gift list!